Monday 5 March 2012

OOTD: Scene Queen Chic!! Plus Beauty Haul!

Since posting this picture the other day I got quite a few questions regarding the outfit and where i got it so I decided to do an OOTD on it.

I absolutely LOVE this outfit because it is super cute, bright and a little funky. The best part? Every single piece of it was a steal of a deal!! Here's the breakdown..

OOTD: Scene Queen Chic!




Hello Kitty Sweater: Giant Tiger (Little Girl's Section!) for 12$
Distressed Black Skinnies: Urban Planet for 34.99$
Black Halter (Underneath Sweater): Urban Planet for 12$
Neon Leopard Ankle Socks (LOVE them!): 3pk for 12$ Got them from my sis-in-law, not sure where she got them though. Will check and update...
Hot Pink Pumps (3' heel) Size 8- Suzy Shier for 25$
Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses (knockoffs!)- Bought for 15$ off Kijiji (They have a leopard print on the arm..I <3 Them!! Can you tell I LOVE animal prints!)
Black Bow Barrette (In my hair...Kind of hard to see...) Dollarama for 1$
Black and Silver Necklace: Urban Planet for 6.99$
Silver Beaded Bracelet: Urban Planet for 5$ for pack of five

DID YOU KNOW???
You can now shop online at Urban Planet and Suzy Shier, along with many other stores including Bluenotes, Aldo and La Senza, with your debit/Interac card!! This is awesome because I don't have a credit card, nor do I want one, yet I love shopping online. All you need is money in the bank and an online banking account for your bank (If you don't already have online banking simply ask your bank how to set it up, it usually only takes a few minutes and is so much more convenient). I have already purchased a few things this way and they arrived very quickly and the best part is each of the sites have a "Sale/Clearance" page:) For a full list of online retailers who accept Interac CLICK HERE! And don't worry, there are no fees to shop online with your Interac, unless they are fees by your bank, but I know I didn't pay any.

So, I recently went on a little shopping spree for some new makeup and ended up picking up quite a few things. My camera is among the missing right now so I apologise for not being able to take pics, but I am going to use pictures from the good 'ol Internet so you can still see what I got. I will include prices and stores purchased at when I can.


Beauty Haul:

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation with SPF 20 in shade 005 Natural Beige, 30ml: Shoppers Drug Mart for 13.99$ I am hooked on this foundation! It truly does give you an airbrushed look and covers blemishes very well. I like that you can apply more or less layers to customise the amount of coverage you need.



Lise Watier Mineral Compact Powder in shade Naturel- Shoppers Drug Mart for 34.99$ (Lucky for me I didn't actually pay that, I bought it off someone for 5$ brand new:) This is my new fave powder hands down. It also comes with oil blotting papers right in the compact in a little flip open tab...It sets my foundation perfectly, doesn't cake and is Canadian made!! It is a bit pricey but it is totally worth it!

L'oreal Paris True Match Roller in shade C3 Creamy Natural- Lawtons for 14.99$ (I got it on clearance for 3.99$..STEAL!) I really like this roll on foundation, it offers great coverage but doesn't go on super thick like you would think it would. I feel kind of funny basically rolling foundation on my face like I am painting a wall but the end result is fabulous coverage! (You should have seen hubby's face when he saw me putting it on for the first time, just rolling away haha...)


GOSH Perfect Lift N Shape Mascara in shade Black- 12.99$ Bought of someone also brand new, not sure where it was from.You can buy it off the GOSH site though, but I don't think they sell it in the USA.
Overall its a pretty good mascara, goes on sleek and clump-free. I never use just one mascara though, I always layer on two different kinds. When it comes to lashes I believe in Go BIG or go home:)

 
Rimmel London Extra Super Lash Mascara in shade Black- Shopper's Drug Mart for 9.99$ (Got it on sale for 5.99$) Loving this mascara. It goes on super dark and doesn't clump, plus is allows you to build as many coats as you want for thick and flirt lashes without clumping or sticking together. I have been using it as my everyday mascara (layered with GOSH Lift N Shape) since I bought it.




Wet 'N' Wild Silk Finish Blush in shade 171 Threesome- Dollarama for 2$ (!!!)
I am so psyched that my local dollar store carries Wet N Wild Cosmetics right now for...get this...2$ each!! I went and stocked right up:) They are actually very good quality considering they are so cheap. I have been using them every single day. This blush gives a perfect rosy glow and it is my new everyday blush.


Wet 'N' Wild Bronzzer Powder Compact in Shade 741 Bali Bronze- Dollarama for 2$
Again, you can't go wrong for 2$ bronzer. It works pretty good and doesn't have a lot of shimmer as most bronzers do, which I like because it looks much more natural. I think this shad may be a bit dark for me during the winter months but during the summer will probably be perfect. Luckily, at just 2$ I got one of each shade!


Wet 'N' Wild Ultimate Minerals Loose Powder in shade 270 Fair- Dollarama for 2$
I was pleasantly surprised by how well this powder works. It goes on very smooth, provides great coverage and sets my foundation very well. I grabbed it when i ran out of my old powder (before i got my new one) and actually really like it. I still can't believe I got it at the dollar store!!

"Neon Orange" above left and "Sunshine Disco" arrow on right.

Cherimoya Vernis Classique Nail Polish in shades 'Neon Orange' and 'Sunshine Disco' Lawtons for 6.99$ each I am hooked on these polishes. For one they are neon (They yellow polishes is the exact shade of a yellow highlighter) and I LOVE neon anything. They go on very smooth and the color is very intense and pigmented. I absolutely love the look, they are almost jelly looking when dry and have a high shine, plus they one require one or two coats for full, even coverage. They are featured in my Neon Leopard Tutorial above...


If you are into beauty then you should definitely check out TAAZ. It is a beauty website with an amazing makeover tool that allows you to try on hundreds of different makeup looks and hairstyles. Unlike some makeover tools this one is actually super realistic looking. It is definitely addictive. The site also features your own profile page and allows you to give and get beauty and fashion advice, share deals, post how-to's, share images and videos, earn badges for your participation and Follow people whose style you like! It is one of the best beauty communities I have tried thus far and I love it. Be sure to check it out. You will have hours of fun (Or at least I did!) trying on hundreds of crazy hairstyles! Great tool if you are thinking of trying  a new look but not sure how it will look. You can even try on celebrity looks like Rihanna's infamous red hair or Katy Perry's blue locks she sported while in Paris recently. Check out one of my makeovers below!




That's all folks!!Parting question: Which hairstyle or look have you have always wanted to try but don't have the balls to go through with?? I have always loved Rihanna's short hairstyle but don't have the jam to cut my hair that short...Although I used to have super short hair in middle school (Seriously, like less than two inches) but that was my mothers genius idea. To be fair it didn't look that bad but I don't think I would ever do it again...

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I found you via the hop and I’m your newest adoring follower! Maybe you could follow back? Also I’d just love for you to come check out a giveaway I’m having that ends tomorrow!! Hope to see you there!

    Thanks so much!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/sponsord-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!